Monday, March 20, 2006

American Heart Walk

Saturday we walked in the Greenville County American Heart Association Heart Walk in honor of my nephew Trey. It was a beautiful day. They held the walk at Falls Park in Greenville, it's really pretty there. I honestly though that 3 miles was going to kick my butt, but I'm proud to say that it really wasn't bad at all. We had fun. It was a nice walk, very pretty walking along side the river. Trey had the best seat of all in his stroller!

Did you know that more children die from congenital heart defects than childhood cancers? I probably would have never known that had Trey not been born with a heart defect. Your awareness of things completely changes when someone you love is affected by something.

For those of you that read my blog I ask that you pray for a situation at SWU, please. I can't be anymore specific than that. We just need your prayers. Thanks!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Holding hands by the river was nice. Until they got sweaty, LOL.

Anonymous said...

SWU has my prayers. GROSS Shon:)

John, Alex and Luke

John, Alex and Luke
Captured by The Beautiful Mess