Tuesday, May 30, 2006

John's Weekend

We took John on a special weekend away. We planned to do this for him before starting Kindergarten. I can't believe he will be going to kindergarten in the fall!! We took him to Atlanta for the weekend. It was awesome. We went to the Aquarium (which is GREAT if you haven't been). We took him to the Varsity for lunch, went to the Coca Cola Factory (where he drank so much Coke his stomach hurt). We swam in the hotel pool and ordered pizza delivered right to our room which was really cool to my innocent little 5 year old who's blue eyes got really big at even the suggestion of that(we don't have delivery out in Six Mile)! It was a perfect weekend for all 3 of us. I'd like to capture his innocence and bottle it up, I'm sure that it's going to disapear as quickly as school appears in the fall. Those big blue eyes full of wonder. Although he promised me while we were there that he'd always be my baby and his Daddy's, somehow I doubt that will hold true. I'll just have to hold the memory of our special weekend in my heart forever.

2 comments:

Candice of 'The Beautiful Mess' said...

so so so fun! you and shon are the best parents ever! i am sure this will be a truly memorable experience for him!

Anonymous said...

I'm glad the weekend went so perfectly. He WILL always remember it.

John, Alex and Luke

John, Alex and Luke
Captured by The Beautiful Mess