Monday, June 12, 2006

First haircut, Cars and lightening bugs

Well, we cut Alex's hair and now he looks like a big boy!!! Sorry no pictures. I will do my best to have a picture of my big boy tomorrow. He looks so grown up now, like a little man. Just too cute. More like his Daddy now than before, if that's possible.

We took John to see Car's this weekend. Very cute movie. Of course he loved it. He told me during the movie "this is one we'll have to buy." He also had a great time catching lightening bugs. I remember how much fun that was when Ashley and I were little. We would do that at Papa and Nanny's and then put them in a jar and watch them glow all night. John caught one on Saturday night - he named him Alex and carried him around all night just like he was his little pet. He was so excited. It was the greatest thing ever. Last night he went to my parents and caught 4-5 more. Of course he has a little bug container, no jar for him. Oh, and they are easier to catch at Gan Gan and Papa's. Everything is always better and easier at the Grandparents.

Needless to say it was a great weekend. Too bad lightening bugs can't be the highlight of all our weekends, huh?!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

A sweet and simple weekend --- the best and most memoriable kind, huh?

John, Alex and Luke

John, Alex and Luke
Captured by The Beautiful Mess