Sunday, August 19, 2007

Survived!

Well, I've survived another New Student Orientation. It's almost over. We just have a dessert fellowship tonight. A group of freshman and transfers are coming to the house for dessert tonight. That should be easy. After a few LONG days it was nice to have a break. The boys went to Shon's mom Saturday and spent the night. I just want to say that I have the BEST husband ever. He is so supportive. Not only was he totally ok with students coming to the house but he helped get everything ready AND he took me on a date last night after my busy days at work. He's just the BEST! Thanks honey for always supporting me and my ministry to my students.

By the way we had over 200 at orientation...how awesome is that!! Pray for us as we begin a new school year.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Awwwww, you sound like an awesome school nurse/friend/mentor, etc. Be on the look out for a freshman named Melissa Heck.Her mom was Adam's teacher last year. GREAT kid. Very outgoing, smart, pretty, Athletic, musical, a dancer, etc, etc. She has a promising future, I'm sure. Hope all is well, haven't talked to you in a while.

Candice of 'The Beautiful Mess' said...

a good husband indeed!

Jared and Sara Christensen said...

That is so cool that you hosted some students in your home...I can promise you they will never forget that! In 10 years they will say that SWU was the kind of school where you could hang out with the staff at their houses, even if that is the only time they will get to do it. What an amazing gift you gave them. I am sure you were busy! It is nice to hear of the good things happening there!

Anonymous said...

Good post.

John, Alex and Luke

John, Alex and Luke
Captured by The Beautiful Mess