Friday, August 31, 2007

Boy cat or girl cat?



Well, I have had so many request for pictures and the story so here you go.......
Some of you may remember that last summer we were having problems with snakes so we decided we would get cats to help with the problem. Well, my good friend Susan found 4 kittens. What she thought was 2 boys and 2 girls. They had been abandoned. So, we took the 2 little boy kittens. John named them Ranger and Munchkin. For a whole year now we thought we had 2 boy kittens. We really hadn't thought much about it. They were brothers....well Sunday afternoon Ashley and Trey came over for dinner and Ashley went out in the garage for something and when she came back in she said 'Lori, did you know that you have a kitten out here on your steps?' Of course I was like no, what are you talking about. Well, we spent the next 30 minutes trying to figure out where this kitten came from. Thinking our BOY cats had brought us a kitten. Then Shon found 2 more kittens. I even called my cousin, Eve, who is a vet to find out how to take care of these kittens. They hadn't even opened there eyes. Well, then Shon came running in the house to tell me that Ranger was NOT a boy and that he/she was actually the moma. So...you would think that I would have noticed that my boy cat was actually a girl or maybe that my boy cat was pregnant but NO. We didn't noticed any of this....but hey we're thankful for this wonderful new addition to our family. The boys are soooo excited and I'm just glad not to be the only female in the family anymore. =) Thanks to my cousin for all her advice and help. Thanks to my Moma, Daddy and Ashley for laughing there heads off at me and thanks to Shon for saying we can keep all the kittens!!! God is good at surprising us!!

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

AWWWW!! Thanks for sharing the WHOLE story. Very, very cute. Something John will remember forever.....when we had a cat that we thought was a boy........Does John do show & Tell at school??? Sounds like a good story for that! hehehehe

Lori said...

Lisa,
He shared on Tuesday! He couldn't wait to tell the whole class and he's already asked his teacher if I can bring them in for the whole class to see...

Candice of 'The Beautiful Mess' said...

awesome! :)

Anonymous said...

lol!! Oh, that's fun! Great story. Thanks for sharing it.

I've been trying to coordinate meeting a lady and returning Alex's pants for months! Ugh.. Maybe we can work it out soon. If not, I'm just going to bring them to you. I'm sorry for taking so long. Email me if have been waiting for them and I'll mail them.

Jared and Sara Christensen said...

So cute! IN a similar growing up story, we had 2 cats that either we thought were fixed or we thought were boys, but then learned otherwise when the both had seven kittens each, a few weeks apart from each other! I remember loving having them around, but we ended up giving away all the kittens. I guess 16 cats was a bit much for my mom to keep around. Coincidentally, I was in the first grade too! The boys look SO grown up!

John, Alex and Luke

John, Alex and Luke
Captured by The Beautiful Mess