Monday, February 20, 2006

What a day!

Man has it been a busy day!! It's so dreary out there, too!!

Well, seeing that it is already 3:30 and I'm just now posting you can tell that I have not had any free time. I have a story for you and then a comment on the race.

I was humbled on Saturday by my 5 year old. I was busy cleaning the house getting ready for Alex's birthday party. Alex was taking a nap and I was getting the vacuum cleaner out doing different things and John was playing outside. He rang the doorbell repeatedly. Of course my immediate reaction was to become annoyed, I was thinking you are going to wake up Alex. I ran to the door saying stop that... what was he doing? Standing there holding a flower for me. He had gone out in the rain to pick me a flower. I was brought to tears. And I felt like dirt. So, I guess the moral is not to fly off the handle too quickly and to be thankful for those time when the doorbell rings even when it isn't convenient for us - it might just be a beautiful flower from someone who loves us. What a gift!

Now, about the race. Jimmie Johnson won. Unfortunately his reputation is tainted. I saw one article today on MSN where the lead in was "Cheater wins Daytona 500" I really think that's too bad - he's going to have to live that stigma down forever.......at any rate it's on to California next week so we will see how it plays out. There was no lack of drama in Daytona that is for sure. Looks like we're in for another great season.

Till tomorrow -

5 comments:

Ashley said...

John is such a sweety!! I love him to pieces. Rough day, you have NO idea!!

Anonymous said...

sweet story. Boys sure love their mommy's don't they! Alexander went through a phase of bringing me rocks (plain ole' dirty ones) and would tell me they were diamonds.........how precious!

Anonymous said...

HAPPY B-DAY!
I got on here before you were able to blog, I get some points for that!!

Love ya!

Candice of 'The Beautiful Mess' said...

ooh....how does it feel to be a year older :)...I hope you have a wonderful birthday....

of course, your husband WOULD beat me to the punch of telling you happy b-day.

your story was beautiful...what wonderful reminder!

BassManMichael said...

What a precious nephew I have...looks like all of my training paid off!!

John, Alex and Luke

John, Alex and Luke
Captured by The Beautiful Mess