Sunday, February 26, 2006

Happy Birthday Nanny!

Today is my Grandmother's 86th birthday! Nanny Jessie has always been such a blessing in my life. I can remember doing such fun things with her when I was a little girl. From playing in the back yard at her house, to shopping with her, eating breakfast at Hardee's, going to the jockey lot, and watching TV. The memories go on and on. She taught me how to make cobblers(all varieties) for which my family will be eternally grateful. She is really something. Very strong, stubborn woman. She recently won queen at the assisted living facility on Valentine's Day where she has been living now for a little over a year. That was pretty exciting for her. I think the most important thing I've learned from Nanny is to love your family by showing them. She's not the type to tell you over and over again that she loves you but yet there is NO denying - it you just know. I hope that my family, especially my children and grandchildren will one day be able to say that about me.

I love you, Nanny!!

No comments:

John, Alex and Luke

John, Alex and Luke
Captured by The Beautiful Mess