Wednesday, January 10, 2007

Terms of endearment


Well, my sweet boy Alex is now to the stage of copying what we say. The other night Shon and I were having a discussion. I wasn't exactly happy with Shon or what he was saying and so my response to him was "Honey...." and for about and hour and a half after that Alex would say very loudly directly to his Daddy, "Honey...Honey..." and he'd get this huge grin on his face. I think he very much knew he was teasing his Daddy. He even woke up the next morning still calling his Daddy honey... for those of you who know my children he said it with the southern drawl, too. Something like this.....hunee.....I don't think I'll be able to call Shon honey again without smiling.

2 comments:

BassManMichael said...

Trey's new word is "Elmo". Except it sounds more like "Melmo" most of the time. I can't wait until his vocabulary takes off like Alex's has the last few months. They're going to be a trip together the next few years!

Candice of 'The Beautiful Mess' said...

Hahahah..at least you weren't saying bad words...hehehe.

John, Alex and Luke

John, Alex and Luke
Captured by The Beautiful Mess