Tuesday, January 02, 2007

Happy New Year from The Herron's

Happy New Year! I hope you all had a great New Year's Day. I love New Year's Day. What could be better than good ole Southern cookin...black eyed peas, collard greens, corn bread and hog jawls all supposed to bring you luck and riches (I've been eating them every year my entire life and never gotten rich!) and college football all day long!!!!!!!!! It's my favorite day of the year.

I always think though at the beginning of a New Year what is to come with a New Year...happy things, sad things many unknowns. Births, deaths, weddings, etc. So much in a year. We only know who holds the coming year in his hands and that is all we can hold on to. So, much has happened in the year that just passed. I look at how much my children have changed in just a year. John is half way through kindergarten and growing up so fast. Alex is walking and talking and developing his very own personality much to John's surprise....they shared quite an encounter at dinner the other night...it went something like this....

Alex wanted what John had. John said "No!" Alex said "John, I want it." And then proceeded to take it from him. John became angry and tearful. Alex looked at Shon and said, "John, hot!" Just priceless moments like this are so much fun. And I'm quite certain we have many, many more to look forward to. Alex vocabulary is expanding very rapidly - I'm sure we will all be very entertained in the next few months as he learns to use his new words.

Baby watch is on for my best friend Jennifer....I'm giving her a baby shower Saturday. She called this morning to let me know she had spent last night at the hospital with contractions already dilated 2-3cm.....looks like baby Griffin might want to be here for his party on Saturday, too. =) He's not due for about 4 more weeks so we're hoping he'll wait at least a couple more weeks...

Again, Happy New Year from our family to yours...

1 comment:

Candice of 'The Beautiful Mess' said...

I can't believe how much your boys have grown....it's so amazing how fast time flies by...

John, Alex and Luke

John, Alex and Luke
Captured by The Beautiful Mess