Monday, July 24, 2006

Unwanted critters...

Well, we had an unwanted guest today. I was on my way out to Prayer Partners tonight. I was taking my stuff to the van and then going to get the kids in to take to my parents (Shon had to work late) and I noticed something unusual in the driveway. At first I wasn't sure what it was, then as I looked again I was pretty sure it was a Copperhead. So, I quickly came back in the house and called Shon who suggested I just run over it. Due to where it was on the driveway that just wasn't possible. So, I called my parents and they came over. My Dad - my hero - killed the snake...quite the ordeal though...he ran over it first with the old truck and then hit it with a hoe...thank goodness. It was pretty big, at least 2 feet and definitely a Copperhead. Now, my least favorite thing in the world is a snake and to think we have the poisonous variety - yikes. I think we'll be investing in a Cat...they say that Cats keep snakes away...if that's a wives tale... please don't tell me. Thanks Daddy!!! And Moma, too. Don't know what I'd do without you.

I'll have beach stories and pictures later in the week. It's been a long day...

2 comments:

Candice of 'The Beautiful Mess' said...

OH MY!!!!!! I would be totally afraid to go outside....sheesh! It's always good to have your daddy to come and save the day!

Hope you guys had a marvelous time at the beach...!

Anonymous said...

ooohhhh, I have chills. I think I would die to see a snake in my driveway especially a copperhead. Yes, a cat will help. It's true. They eat the mice which decreases the food for the snakes to eat. I think it would help. Of course it's got to be a yard cat who's not too petted and pampered to consider eating a mouse. Also, they would eat the lizards. PROTECT those boys at least 'til the memory wears off a little....

John, Alex and Luke

John, Alex and Luke
Captured by The Beautiful Mess