Monday, April 24, 2006

Trey's Dedication


Yesterday was my nephew Trey's dedication. This was a very special day. You see there was a time when we weren't sure if we were going to see this day. I knew deep down in my heart that we would. I made a promise to the Lord, yes I know we shouldn't make promises to God. I'm reminded of the hymn "Standing on the Promises of God our Savior." We should remember to stand on his promises and not try to bargain with him but when things are going wrong or not as we had planned we always try to bargain. Well, my promise was simply this: if he made Trey ok then I would tell anyone who would listen about this precious little miracle. How easy is that?! I love him as if he were my very own little boy. And I love his Mommy very much, too and I am awed by her courage and strength. He's adorable and such a good baby. He's our precious, little miracle and sharing that news to everyone is the easy part - having the faith that the Lord would get us through - that was well the struggle I must say. But, he did and I knew all along he would. I hope I can be a reflection of God's love for him as he grows up and never ever forget to share the miracle that he is every single chance that I get!!

3 comments:

Ashley said...

How sweet, you made me cry. Yes, I to want to tell everyone how this miracle is a direct result of God's faithfulness and love. I will tell anyone that I believe in miracles because I have one that I love and see everyday. God is faithful always. I love you too, Lori!! I also look up to you more than you will ever know. You are wonderful mother and big sissy:)

BassManMichael said...

You guys have got to stop with the sappy stuff. It's just not cool to make grown men cry, don't you know that?! I'll say this...If I had the chance to pick any in-laws in the world to have, there wouldn't be any other family on the planet that I would consider over you all. I feel truly blessed to call you family, and I'm thankful my son will have the chance to know such wonderful grandparents and an aunt and uncle that love him very much. I love you guys too!

Anonymous said...

Your whole family is very blessed to have you in it! You're a great person:)

John, Alex and Luke

John, Alex and Luke
Captured by The Beautiful Mess