Tuesday, June 27, 2006

Boy, How things change!

I decided tonight after having dinner with Shon's dad that I needed a little break so I've been looking for a bathing suit and thought I would go to Kmart and Belk's just to take a look. Well, of course ladies you know just how difficult bathing suit shopping is... 1- hard to find the right look and 2- for me, well, I'm CHEAP. Well, I took off sending the kids home with Shon (we had met there). So, it was just me thinking this is great I'm shopping for ME all by myself...well needless to say what did I come home with?! An awesome Cars bathing suit for John and adorable short set for Alex both were 50% off at Kmart so I got a great deal and they were thrilled with Lightening McQueen and Tow Mater on their new clothes. So, even when you think it's all about you for just an hour or so you can't escape this new world...being a Mommy!! And who would want to?!

PS. Thanks to my wonderful husband for allowing me those breaks here and there...Love ya!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

This blog actually brought tears to my eyes just b/c, my gosh....it is SOOOO true! You might think you need a "break" or a little "me time" but what do you end up doing??? Missing them, thinking about what they would like, buying them stuff instead, etc. Isn't it wonderful though? The little boys (and girls, I guess) are the best GIFT ever!!!!!!!!!

Anonymous said...

Dito!

Anonymous said...

Can I go to Greer for some racing?

Lori said...

Shon -
I think you are too busy...

John, Alex and Luke

John, Alex and Luke
Captured by The Beautiful Mess