Thursday, June 19, 2008

Simple Vacation Treasures

There are many things I've learned as a parent. One of the most important things I've learned is just how much time, effort and work my parents put in to everything they did to make things special for us as we were growing up. Last week we were on vacation at Myrtle Beach and I watched my precious, sweet boys discover the most simple of treasures! And I think of all the hard work it takes to get there (packing and preparation) and how it is all for them. Just like my parents prepared for Ashley and I all those years ago so we could find those simple treasures.
John's treasure was a starfish he found while digging in the sand. What a rare and perfect treasure to find. Just like he is my rare and perfect treasure from the Lord.













Alex's treasure was a tide pool on our second day on the beach. He had decided he didn't like the 'brown water' of the ocean but much preferred the 'blue water' of the pool. But, once he discovered this tide pool he told me 'actually, Mom this water is perfect for me.'















There were many treasures on the beach...many shells, waves that were ridden in on the Boogey board, castles built, airplanes flying low to see. So, many simple things to enjoy. And I as a parent enjoying it all, too. Treasuring every single minute, every single shell, shout of each new discovery and for this precious moment in time to capture their innocence and childhood as a treasure for me. I think this vacation will be one I will treasure forever.
Even 'blankie' is part of our family!

2 comments:

Brett said...

Lori...looks like your family had a great time! I saw your picture on Candice's blog...your boys are getting so big! And I must say...I absolutely love your short hair! Hope life is good.

Anonymous said...

Now, THAT was a sweet post! Glad you had a good time!

John, Alex and Luke

John, Alex and Luke
Captured by The Beautiful Mess