Tuesday, December 11, 2007

Can you fix it...WHY?



I just couldn't resist posting these pictures! We had a small leak under the sink last night when the pipe came loose. Shon was 'fixing' it and of course the boys had to help Daddy! They are growing up so fast and it just seems that time keeps flying by. John is reading really well now and reads or tries to read just about anything he sees. He ordered a set of Magic Treehouse books from Scholastic's at school and those came in yesterday so we started one last night about the Titanic, it's really fun to read with him before bed. He's playing Shon's guitar now, too. Maybe lessons in the future who knows. He really seems to be enjoying it. Alex is potty training and when he has an accident he tells me "I want to put on a diaper, I not like wetting my panties!" He's doing really well though and accidents are occurring less and less frequently. He's started asking us "WHY?" to everything!!! It's exhausting. I've been thinking though to the parallel between him asking us why and us asking our heavenly father why. How often do we ask him why and expect an answer? Do we ask just to be asking? Do we ask to learn, really learn or just because we are nosy and want to know? Do we trust that he has our best interest in mind when he tells us to do something? I really try to answer Alex and not just say 'because I told you so'. Doesn't God do that as well if we really listen to him? It's not easy not to ask why, especially when bad things happen to good people. Just some thoughts...

3 comments:

Jared and Sara Christensen said...

So cute! I agree with you on your "deeper" thoughts, too. So many times, things about being a parent make me think of how like a toddler I must seem to God, and how thankful I am that he does not respond to me the way I respond to Noah! Can't wait to see you next Thursday...we have to make plans for that!

Anonymous said...

Cute pictures! I agree 100% that parenting issues with our children quite frequently parallel with God parenting us.

HowToMe.com said...

Classic!! I love your photos! Shon just went up about a thousand notches in his sons' eyes.

John, Alex and Luke

John, Alex and Luke
Captured by The Beautiful Mess