Tuesday, April 17, 2007

John and college

Over the weekend while we were gone Papa Ernie took the boys to Clemson to get an ice cream at the Student Center. He explained to them that Shon and I went to college there. When John was telling us this last night I asked him if that is where he was going to go to college. He quickly told me no. I said well where are you gonna go. He proceeded to say "New York City"! I said you gonna get a scholarship to go there right?! He said, "No, I'm just gonna take you with me." I told him I'd remind him of that when he turned 18 and was headed off to college. Too bad they don't stay 6! =)

Hope this puts a smile on your face today in the midst of the tragedy at VT. I look at my beautiful boys and it just breaks my heart...my prayers go out to those people.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Wasn't that so awful? I know how you feel, I've given a lot of thought these last couple of days about what if that was one of my boys off at college just trying to work hard and better their future and end up murdered. How tragic for this to happen. Our world is so full of troubled people. People so far from Christ that they have no care for their actions. Some people in this world are such ticking timebombs and it's so scary that you might rub elbows with someone like that everyday and not know it. Just a few thoughts amongst many.........

John, Alex and Luke

John, Alex and Luke
Captured by The Beautiful Mess